Sunday, 27 November 2011

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


From Goodreads : The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend America, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the charming college co-ed. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his charms, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’ apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.



My rating : 4 of 5 stars


My Thoughts : Bad boy + Good girl = HOT ROMANCE, and that exactly happened in Beautiful Disaster.

Abby Abernathy left her past behind and started her life fresh, no alcohol, trying hard to get good grades. This was supposed to be her peaceful perfect life until a boy enters and ruined her plan for “goody goody” life in good way.

Travis Madox is exactly the kind of boy Abby should stay away. He fights, he drinks, slept with every other girl in each night and his “sexy body” is covered with tattoos. He tricked Abby in a simple bet with the condition if Abby loses she will stay in his apartment for one month and if he loses he will remain abstinent for one month.

I just loved this book, the friendship-love crash, all the sexual tension between Abby and Travis, I loved when they first met, I loved their each crazy moment of spending together. The concept of two people from two different worlds falling in love is old but this book??? It just blew me away.

I’m not fond of bad boys but Travis Madox changed my view, made me fall in love with him. His supper sexy attitude took my heart. Nothing is impossible for him, on one hand he’s a skill fighter and on other hand he’s the brilliant student with constant A levels. He’s “crazy crazy” love for Abby brought tears in my eyes, when will I get such a lover . Sometime he’s over possessiveness irritated me, I can understand he never fall in love with any one before, every feelings is new for him, insecurity would be a normal gesture for him but this level of jealousy has really bothered me.

Abby is a good girl, a really very very good girl always tries to avoid problems, but what can you do when trouble finds you. I liked Abby, she won my heart. Where every girl in Eastern University tries to sleep with Travis, be with Travis. Abby is the only one who resisted him, and that made Travis took interest in her.

I must say how this book shows us how love can change a person upside down. Travis was a complete dick before he met Abby, but when he fall in love he started to change slowly and in the end Travis was full 180 degree opposite of the old one.

The writing was superb, very modern and enjoyable but I’m aware of the sexual content of this book which was high for a YA novel. The book kept its speed and interests untill Travis and Abby entered into a relationship. Starting of their new love was good but after sometimes the story lost its cause and direction.

I hate those moments when Travis and Abby fought when they shouldn’t have, and they broke up for some stupid reason. I believe in a relationship when one makes mistake, the other should deal with it with patience and make his/her partner understand what is right and wrong, they should discuss and sort out the differences , gave thing another chance, not fight with each other and break up. I find Abby and Travis completely immature in this way, WTF man‼‼‼‼!

This book is a 4 star for me, recommended for romance and contemporary lovers. This taught us a good lesson always go for the person you want, not the person you think you need.





View all my reviews

7 comments:

  1. Loved the book also - read and re-read it to may times to count. Bought the audio book and listed and keep on listing. Reminds me of my college days and the bad boy I was with and did not end up with, even though he changed. He stops by often to keep in touch. But reading this book was like she looked into my college years, as he was a wrestler and a fighter. WOW!! 2 thumbs up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! I'm looking forward to reading Travis's POV in the up-coming Walking Disaster which is due for release in April 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your review :) I read this book a while ago, but I didn't really like it. The characters were too dramatic -_-

    It's nice you did though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I didn't like the book as much as you did though but I like how detailed this review is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review! Informative and just the right length. Thanks! ;) I have heard a TON of mixed opinions about this book. xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. some frieds said this book is awesome..but the others said it is awfull...
    so i decided to buy the book...thx 4 ur review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. There has been so much good buzz for this book that I feel like I should read it! I'm not sure though as romances are not really my thing.

    ReplyDelete