Saturday, 11 February 2012

Cover Lust : PODs by Michelle K. Pickett

Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it’s in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it’s a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That’s the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.


Another gorgeous cover, needless to say. So tempting and eye catching. PODs is a upcoming dystopian novel about love and life, power and survival. I bet PODs is going to be one of the best YA novel of 2013. In a small chat with the author Michelle Pickett I asked her what does she think about her own book PODs, she said

"It's so hard to write what I feel about the book. I wrote it so of course I love it. I love David's devotion to Eva and the lengths he goes to be with her. I feel bad for the characters when they have to leave their families behind knowing that they will die from the virus.
The characters in the book took on a life of their own. They directed me when I was writing...they told me their story so I feel like I really know them and what they would feel. It was a fun book to write and emotional at times.
I was actually sad when the book was finished because I was enjoying spending time with the characters so much."


Bad news is PODs is going to release in June 1st,2013 which is far away and it seems like forever. To the hell with Maya's calender, the world better not ends at 2012 because countdown begins for PODs.
So what do you think??????? Don't forget to post.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Soumi, for featuring PODs on your website. It means so much to me that you would take the time to share PODs with your followers.

    Michelle xo
    www.Michelle-Pickett.com

    Author of Concilium, available July 2012
    Concilium: The Departure, November 2012
    PODs, available June 2013

    www.Conciliumbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure to feature this amazing book on my blog and let others know about this. Thank you for stopping by.
      xoxo
      Soumi

      Delete
  2. Thank you for posting this. I really love it, from the cover to the summary. It's really great. Swear!! I'll buy it right away when june 1st arrives. i wish my country would have that book at exactly June 1. Even if i need to wait from sunrise to sunset, it will be a pleasure. I really love it. Seriously.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the book and the great cover. Looking forward to the release.

    Stopped by from goodreads to say hi and join your site. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this cover for the first time a few days ago and thought it awesome! Now that I know the storyline, it seems even more perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome post! Oh and congrats you won an award: http://emily-confessionsofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/02/hello-everyone-guess-what-yep-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Soumi! Wanna join in a friendly game of tag? You're it! Just visit my blog (bookruckus.blogspot.com) to find out how to play. It's a fun way to draw visitors to your blog and to meet other book bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks every one for appreciating the book and your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete