Wednesday, 8 February 2012

Cover Lust : Touch of Death by Kelly Hashway


Jodi Marshall isn’t sure how she went from normal teenager to walking disaster. One minute she’s in her junior year of high school, spending time with her amazing boyfriend and her best friend. The next she’s being stalked by some guy no one seems to know.

After the stranger, Alex, reveals himself, Jodi learns he’s not a normal teenager and neither is she. With a kiss that kills and a touch that brings the dead back to life, Jodi discovers she’s part of a branch of necromancers born under the 13th sign of the zodiac, Ophiuchus. A branch of necromancers that are descendents of Medusa. A branch of necromancers with poisoned blood writhing in their veins.

Jodi’s deadly to the living and even more deadly to the deceased. She has to leave her old, normal life behind before she hurts the people she loves. As if that isn’t difficult enough, Jodi discovers she’s the chosen one who has to save the rest of her kind from perishing at the hands of Hades. If she can’t figure out how to control her power, history will repeat itself, and her race will become extinct.


OMFG...look at that cover. Isn't it gorgeous. When I first saw the cover I couldn't believe my own two eyes. What a gorgeous book to keep in your bookshelf. And the plot, I hope that you have already got this books is another mythology, and I'm a sucker of mythology.
When I personally asked the author Kelly Hashway about a little detail she said

"Touch of Death is based on a lesser known myth involving, Medusa, Athena, and Ophiuchus. The main character, Jodi Marshall, discovers she's part of a group of necromancers called the Ophi. She can't be around humans because her Gorgon blood is deadly to them, so she must leave her old life behind and figure out how to use her powers. But she's not just any necromancer. She's a direct descendant of Medusa, and she has to save her kind from Hades, who wants to claim all their souls."

Ohh I'm imaging after reading this you guys are dying to get your hands on this book, but wait I have a bad news. Touch of Death will be release in January 15th 2013. Have patience my friends, you will get the best.
So what do you think, post here.

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring TOUCH OF DEATH. I'm so glad you are looking forward to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure to feature this amazing book on my blog, thank you for your lovely comment. Dying to read this XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh, this cover is pretty. What a shame the release date is so far away!
    New follower here, found you on Goodreads :)
    Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great cover, I love mythology too so that's a plus. You have to send a reminder when the book release is closer... I'll completely forget.

    Another thing... I listed your blog to receive some awards, I love the info you always put out so thanks!

    Here's the link... http://evequinn.blogspot.com/2012/02/blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that's a lovely comment. I will personally email your about the novel release :)

      Delete
  5. Aw! This book seems to be a horror story featuring fantastic events and mythological characters. So, the protagonist is a cursed beauty... Reminds me of the character Rogue from X-Men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, First book featuring Medusa. I'm so interested :)

      Delete
  6. New Follower. :)

    This is a nice cover. I know Kelly Hashway. Her book is published by the same publisher as PODs. :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is really pretty, and has a mystical feel to it. Love her flyaway hair!

    (Pssst. Want to know a secret? The model on that book cover is the same as the model on my book cover!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, she's beautiful....I loved her dress and the cover, I'm calling it cover lust

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cover. Anyways, I just wanted to stop by and say, "Tag, you're it!" in my chain http://doodlesbookblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/book-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the cover love! It's SUCH a great book!

    ReplyDelete