Saturday, 17 March 2012

Exclusive Interview with Kate Hawkings, author of The Sphinx Project

Me : What was your inspiration of writing The Sphinx Project?

Kate : I’ve always loved books featuring characters with interesting abilities. This, combined with the debate regarding chimaera legislation in Britain, created the basis for the direction I chose to take.

Me : Would you like to enlighten a little bit about the book?

Kate : The Sphinx Project is the first book in The Chimaera Chronicles, which follows a group of girls who were created in a lab. This book focuses on Michaela who, along with her sister and two friends, escapes the facility where they’re being held.

Me : Who is most favorite character among the five girls in the book and why?

Kate : I like all of them for different reasons… I can’t choose one over the rest.

Me : Did you always wanted to be a writer?

Kate : Not really. When I was younger I had a friend adamant she was going to be an author, while I had a new future planned out every week. I’ve long enjoyed writing, but it took a while to realize it was something I could actually do properly.

Me: Would you like to tell us few words about the sequel of The sphinx project?

Kate : I can’t, I’m afraid. You’ll have to wait and see like everyone else.

Me : As a self published author would like to give some advice who are looking forward to publish their books?

Kate : Research, research, research. There is so much more you need to think about than you first realize. You could be doing something completely wrong and have no idea until it’s too late.

I would like to thank Kate Hawkings, author of The Sphinx Project for giving me such an amazing interview and I would like to wish her best of luck for her upcoming book The Sphinx Project.
This interview was taken by Soumi@Pages From My Thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment