Wednesday, 14 March 2012

Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay

From Goodreads : All will be revealed for fans who have breathlessly awaited the sizzling sequel to Juliet Immortal. This time Romeo takes center stage and gets one chance, and one chance only, to redeem himself.

Cursed to live out eternity in his rotted corpse, Romeo, known for his ruthless, cutthroat ways, is given the chance to redeem himself by traveling back in time to save the life of Ariel Dragland. Unbeknownst to her, Ariel is important to both the evil Mercenaries and the love-promoting Ambassadors and holds the fate of the world in her hands. Romeo must win her heart and make her believe in love, turning her away from her darker potential before his work is discovered by the Mercenaries. While his seduction begins as yet another lie, it soon becomes his only truth. Romeo vows to protect Ariel from harm, and do whatever it takes to win her heart and soul. But when Ariel is led to believe his love is a deception, she becomes vulnerable to Mercenary manipulation, and her own inner darkness may ultimately rip them apart.


My Rating : 5 of 5 stars

My Thoughts : “Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name.”

Epic loves story that points out flaws in one of the most star-crossed couples in history; Romeo Redeemed twisted the original one and filled it with love.

Romeo Redeemed picks up where Juliet Immortal left off. Setting in an alternative reality, this time Romeo takes the center stage, a lost lover who must save his soul from sins. We have already met Ariel in last book, whose body Juliet took over to accomplish her mission as light if ambassador. In this book we are introduced to the real Ariel, a girl damaged and broken inside, a girl who needs to be protected from darkness. Romeo was given the duty to make her believe in love and this is his only chance to restore himself and pay back for all he have done in past.

I found this installment to be just as enthralling as the first one. It is creative, well written, and has characters that I could easily identify with.

Romeo

“My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite.”


There's a great amount of character development in this book, especially Romeo. His character has progressed perfectly with each story movement. Some of his actions were downright swoon worthy and heart wrenching in equal measure. We find out the true self of Romeo and glimpses of his past, what he did and why he did. Romeo was a character with both light and dark shades, haunted by past, tormented by present; I was drawn to him in a way I was never with any other. We saw him regret for the mistakes he made and how badly he wants to make everything right even if it means to sacrifice his own identity.

Ariel

“My only love sprung from my only hate!
Too early seen unknown, and known too late!
Prodigious birth of love it is to me
That I must love a loathed enemy."


Ariel, a girl who was struggling with grief and injured heart from the terrible difficulties she has experienced, I was fully compassionate with her. Ghosted by vivid nightmares, Ariel was an ordinary girl with some extraordinary talent that made her target of mercenaries. Ariel was fragile in beginning, full of rage and easy to hurt although she changed over time and ultimately we saw her becoming a stronger person.

Epic Romance

“Love is a smoke raised with the fume of sighs;
Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes;
Being vexed, a sea nourished with loving tears.
What is it else? A madness most discreet,
A choking gall, and a preserving sweet."


Love and hate are two sides of a coin so are Romeo and Ariel, one is incomplete without other.
The story highlights love that love is not and never will just a word. Love is a passion that meant to be felt and cherished. Love is not a mistake, it a strength that will keep you walking even on thorns until you meet the person you are destined to be with.
The romance hold me spellbound, I witnessed two souls to find their way to each other. While Ariel completely lost her faith on love and any goodness, Romeo stands by her, made her believe in love and himself fall for this innocent girl. He protected he in every way he could, loved her the way he never loved Juliet.


Unlike Juliet Immortal, I enjoyed split first person narratives between Romeo and Ariel, allowing readers to get a feel for both sides of the story. Romeo Redeem was also break into several scenes from 1304, Verona where we saw Juliet into the tomb suffocating and struggling, which seems odd at first but it all made sense we reached for the end.
Romance was heart rendering, hotter than Juliet Immortal, content of magic was high in the end and I enjoyed it but what I did expect was a little more action.
Romeo Redeemed is highly recommended for the fans of Juliet Immortal, if you didn’t like Juliet Immortal you may give this book a chance.

4 comments:

  1. This definitely sounds like something I'd greatly enjoy. I have always loved the tale of Romeo and Juliet. It's one of the most heartbreaking, tragic romance stories I've ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect book! I love Romeo & Juliet. I even went to the Opera in Italy. I hate Opera, but I love the story :) I really want to read this book. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing follow up. Seriously if you have not started this series yet you must go now and read Dead on the Delta! These 2 books will totally suck you in. I love when I can say the second book is as awesome if not more awesome then the first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juliet Immortal is on my to be read soon shelf, but I had no idea there was a sequel! Great review and glad you liked it!

    Marie @ Marie's Bookworm Blog
    http://mariesbookwormblog.blogspot.com

    sweetmarie915@aol.com

    ReplyDelete