Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Book Trailer : The Right & the Real by Joelle Anthony

Book Blurb : From the author of "Restoring Harmony." Kicked out for refusing to join a cult, 17-year-old Jamie must find a way to survive on her own.

Jamie should have known something was off about the church of the Right and the Real from the start, especially when the Teacher claimed he wasn’t just an ordinary spiritual leader, but Jesus Christ, himself. But she was too taken by Josh, the eldest son of one of the church’s disciples, and his all-American good looks. Josh is the most popular boy at school too, and the first boy outside the drama geeks to give Jamie a second look. But getting her Dad involved in a cult was not part of the plan when she started dating Josh. Neither was her dad’s marriage to the fanatic Mira, or getting kicked out, or seeing Josh in secret because the church has deemed her persona non grata.

Jamie’s life has completely fallen apart. Finding her way back won’t be easy, but when her Dad gets himself into serious trouble, will Jamie be ready to rescue him, and maybe even forgive him?

Here goes the exclusive trailer



Author Bio : I write for anyone who's willing to read my books, but they are published as Young Adult. Restoring Harmony is on the shelves now, and my second book The Right & the Real will be out in April 2012.

I like wood stoves, hot chocolate, and walks on the beach - oh, wait, that's starting to sound like a singles ad and while all of those things are true, I am most definitely NOT single. I'm very happily married to a musician/photographer and we live on a small island in beautiful British Columbia, Canada where we enjoy hot chocolate in front of the wood stove after a nice walk on the beach.

About the only reason my house is semi-under-control is because of downloadable audio books, which I think are the bees knees. A couple of my favourites are PLEASE IGNORE VERA DIETZ and any book by Sara Zarr.

We have two cats that help me write by keeping me warm in the winter and reminding me to lay in the sunshine in the summer so that I'm restored for a long winter of writing.

Our house is filled with laughter, love, music, books, and lots and lots of good smelling vegetarian food (I make practically everything we eat, and my husband grows a large portion of it himself). And that's about it!


So what are you waiting for, go to the book store and buy the book, don't forget to post your thoughts about the trailer

1 comment: