Tuesday, 3 April 2012

The Broken Destiny by Carlyle Labuschagne

From Goodreads : Her Destiny is to Rise against the fall that threatens to take her soul. Her soul is the Key to unlocking a secret weapon.But to know her soul she has to hate it first, and then come back from that. Her Destiny starts with Betrayal.

My Rating : 3.5 of 5 stars

My Review : A long time after when Earth was destroyed, Poseidon is the new resident planet for human beings, along with the local Zulus and Minoans. Ava always knew she is different from others, third generation of the broken whose bloodline came from both human and Minoan. After surviving an attack from Zulus and rescued by a handsome Minoan warrior, she was brought to Minoan village where she begins to discover more about her origin and the prophecy that can change fate of the whole planate. Being carrier of the prophecy her soul is the key to a deadly weapon and her rise against fall of the evil can save the mankind. As more secrets revealed, she was drawn to Troy and Enoch, handsome worriers with secrets of their own. As she faces more life threatening danger, whom she will trust?

A novel with elements likes prophecies, destiny, Voodoo witches and ancient cultures, almost everything a reader needs to enjoy the book. A promising plot and strong build up with love and betrayal, twists and turns, The Broken Destiny is kind of book that will keep hooked up into pages.

As for the characters, Ava was a strong but confused young women when it came to love.I can understand the situation she was going through and she faced dangers I would never imagine, the author delivers us a kick ass heroine.
I loved Troy; he was strong, determinate with grate leadership quality and boyfriend material. I was expecting his character to be highlighted a little more. Enoch gave a damn sexy appearance with broad shoulder, strong chest and deep blue eyes hiding some secrets. I enjoyed the revelry between these two boys.
Along with the main characters each supporting characters were given equal importance and played key roles to uncover Ava’s destiny.

A richly imaginative tale and smooth writing, the book contains many surprising elements. We encounter some life or death situations that imply thrilling suspense. The final climax was jaw dropping, drawn out and there was a difficult dilemma. The author created a world with concept taken from ancient magic and modern science, being where was compelling new experience for me.




View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. Great review, I really want to read this now! :D

    I've found your blog from goodreads :) I'm sure I will be back.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii Jules.I liked your blog and already following :)

      Delete
  2. I also meant to say I'm a new follower! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! Just went and added this to my to-read list. I am loving all the new future and alien type stuff coming out lately. Have you read Obsidian/the Lux series? Awesome book.

    P.S. I'm new here, and happened to notice the Team Puck badge. Just got done rereading the first two Iron Fey books and I just wanted to say thank you! Puck is my absolute favorite! Okay, calming down..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hii, Glad to you that you also love Puck, He is awesome and needless to say that he's my dream boyfriend. lol. I hope the you will love the whole iron fey sreies :)

      Delete