Friday, 6 April 2012

Leticia by Lindsay Anne Kendal

From Goodreads : Leticia has a dark secret, and somebody somewhere knows what it is.

After being tormented and brutally attacked, it becomes obvious they want her dead.

A mysterious group come to her aid. They want to fight by her side and help her win the war someone has declared on her. Together, they present a force to be reckoned with.

Love, loss and longing put strains on the alliance. Not only must they fight their enemies, but their own fears and desires.

Leticia must also face a harsh reality. If she wants a happy future, she must first confront her past.


My rating : 3.5 of 5 stars


My Thoughts : Another praiseworthy shape shifter story of this year that I can bet readers will enjoy.
The book starts with a lone wolf Letcia who was pretty much successful in hiding her true identity until she was followed by some unknown people with secret motives and started to receive threading phone calls from a stranger. A group of three supernatural folks including two shape shifter siblings and a vampire came to her aid and claimed they can protect her.

The book was smooth and written in a simple language. I read this book fast because I knew I have to get to the end to see what finally happened. Of I will not be spoiling the story for you, but if you love shape shifter actions this is the book for you. Leticia got some attitude and I liked that. Her relationship with Jackson keeps you guessing. I liked Jackson, he was brooding, short tempered and got attitude more than Leticia, and I enjoyed all the childlike fighting and romantic moments between them. As supporting character Nancy and her vampire boyfriend Tristan plays their respective roles very well. All the four characters were different with powers and defenses but blended with each other.

Considering this is my first book of the author, I’m truly impressed. In few parts the story was predictable. Although rated as young adult, the book can easily be read by people who enjoy fantasy books. The book kept my interest and I will be looking forward to that sequel which is not so far to be released.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment