Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Goodreads Summery :"I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise." Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that-did you? It was done to you?" No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked.

So wrong for each other...and yet so right.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


My Rating : 5 of 5 stars

My Thoughts : “There are edges around the black and every now and then a flash of color streaks out of the gray. But I can never really grasp any of the slivers of memories that emerge.”

I have always been compelled by novels in which the relationship has been drawn between such people who belong from completely different world. If I look for example of such contemporary novel the first name hits my mind is Perfect Chemistry, and from this moment forward another name will be buzzing in my little brain is none other than Pushing The Limits. I’m absolutely amazed to realize how much I loved Pushing The Limits.
Pushing The Limits is a blossoming love story of two utterly different people falling for each other, a lost girl and a troubled boy, trying to heal their emotional wounds. Trying to escape from their tormenting past, two broken souls found solace in each other.

“It doesn't get better," I said. "The pain. The wounds scab over and you don't always feel like a knife is slashing through you. But when you least expect it, the pain flashes to remind you you'll never be the same.”

Echo used to be one of the most popular girls in school until a horrible accident ruined her life, left scars on both her body and mind. Now recovered and back to school her perfect world started drifting away from her, and at this point she met Noah.
Noah is bad with many issues; at least that’s what his reputation is, but deep inside he is a completely different person. He inspires Echo to live again and Echo teaches him to breath. As this bitter sweet story progress, I found my eyes blurred in tears and heart ached in both love and pain.

“I love you enough to never make you choose.”

The narration was split between both Echo and Noah, and the readers get to know them individually as their characters developed since the beginning and their past unwrapped themselves. Their romance moved in even pace, and sweetly. Both the characters touched my heart deeply.
I felt sympathetic to Echo and how her world shatters after her terrifying accident, and those scars in her arms turned into latest topic of gossip, which is really disturbing. I have to say Echo was a brave girl who actually never back down, instead tried to rebuild what have fallen apart.
Noah reminded of Alex, who is all rough and tough angry young man outside, but underneath he is that much sensible and kind, who can goes to cross limit to protect those, and kick any unfortunate obstacle on his way. A great brother and a compassionate lover, utterly intriguing and born romantic, Noah is my dream boy. He never treated Echo with sympathy; he encouraged her in living a normal life again.

Pushing The Limit can easily be compared with Perfect Chemistry but it’s different in many aspects. Pushing The Limits brings a fresh new voice of teen romance which is realistic and bitter sweet in equal amount, without being cliché. The moving story of two broken people, the novel has just blown me up.




View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. I too couldn't help but think of PERFECT CHEMISTRY when I first read the synopsis of this book. That being said, I have read other books that equaled itself to PERFECT CHEMISTRY and didn't even come close to being as good (were actually pretty bad in my opinion). But I'm actually currently reading PUSHING THE LIMITS right now - finally came up on my Kindle, and I am loving it so far. While it does remind me of PERFECT CHEMISTRY so far, I know there is a different and darker twist.

    I also find that novels such as this (two people from different worlds coming together for a romance) work best when they are told from both points of views.... what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review! I also loved Perfect Chemistry so I'll read this amassing book ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! For more info on the award, please visit my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly I wouldn’t really recommend this book. I mean it wasn’t bad but it was just kind of bleh. The “baby” thing got to me so much by the end! Once or twice is okay but the whole book is way over the top.

    ReplyDelete