Sunday, 23 September 2012

My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris

Goodreads Summary : On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother-to-be and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze.

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore.

Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?


My Rating : 4 of 5 stars

My Thoughts : What a fun and entertaining reading. Time travelling is a very risky topic to play with and author Rachel Harris just nailed it. The author has an excellent way to adding humour in every single line that make the book more interesting to read.

On her sixteenth birthday Cat Crawford accidentally enters in an unusual gypsy tent and her curiosities leads her to Renaissance Italy, accompanied by her backpack full of modern stuffs. Cat is a delight and likable character. The story from her modern POV setting in sixteenth century was completely a different experience for me. Cat's fun way story narrating in sarcastic voice was delightful.
The setting of Renaissance Italy was brilliant. If truly there was a time machine and we got a chance to travel Italy of sixteenth century, I believe it would have been the same glorious and gorgeous as the author described. I let my imagination flow as described in the book, and truly took a took to Italy.
It’s hard to write a review without talking about hot boys, and especially when the hotties are Italian, I can stop my breath and let myself stare at them. And the book has not one, but two Italian gods of hotness. Aspiring artist Lorenzo who was a lady killing charmer, his best friend and Alessandra’s brother Cipriano was a little serious and protective but that couldn’t stop me from drooling over him. Alessandra was another character I adored and enjoyed. She was na├»ve yet full of life, I could easily relate myself to her.

I stood speechless when I was finished with the book. In my opinion it was one of the most entertaining yet extremely romantic novels that my face turned into scarlet. A wonderful journey of a 21st century girl to 16th century, I will be waiting for the next instalment




View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Nice review! I love how you talked about the hot guys :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys, the book was seriously fun. Trust me on that :)

    ReplyDelete