Monday, 17 December 2012

Lullaby by Amanda Hocking

Goodreads Summary : Harper only wanted a safe, normal life. But when her younger sister Gemma runs off with a dangerous clique of beautiful girls, Penn, Thea, and Lexi, everything changes. Vowing to get her sister back no matter what the cost, Harper must face dangers unlike any she's ever experienced. Fortunately, she has Daniel by her side, a gorgeous guy who's devoted to helping her find her sister—and who's immune to the girls' dark powers.

While Harper searches for her sister, Gemma struggles to adjust to her new life. Gemma's powers are growing by the day, and the longer she lives with her new "sisters," the harder it is to resist entering their magical world. It's a realm both dark and beautiful, and where she's plagued by strange hungers and unspeakable needs. Just as she's drifting far away from her old life, Harper and Daniel find her...but no one can deny how much she's changed. All she wants is to return to her family and the mortal world, but how can she do that when she's become something else entirely—and will they still love her once they learn the truth?

Prepare to fall under the spell of Lullaby, the second book in the Watersong series from New York Times bestselling author Amanda Hocking


My Rating : 4 of 5 stars


My Thoughts : Lullaby started exactly where Wake left. The story follows the aftermath of Harper's encounter with deadly sirens and failed attempt to rescue her sister Gemma. Now Gemma is one of them, one of those flesh eating famished sea beast. But Harper will not stop until she brings her sister back. And in her quest she is aided by Alex, Gemma's boyfriend and charming Daniel who has somehow magical resistance against Siren's song.

Lullaby was more gripping and hauntingly dangerous, also impossible to put down. .I loved how the story was told the story from both Gemma and Harper’s point of view. Both the sisters fought against odd, Gemma struggles against her siren's nature and guilty consent of preying on innocent people. She was forced to adapt a life she never wanted but she only agreed to it to keep her family safe, on the other hand Harper fought for her sister, she wasn't willing to let her go. Harper was pretty strong in this book, and matured. I loved for her many reason, for her courage, for her bravery, for her love for her family.

Lullaby was scary and creepy in a really good way. The three dangerous and mysterious sirens again beat the crap out me; especially Penn. Penn was unruly and controlling with dark history. She was the other name of devil and I personally felt an uncontrollable rage for her that I wanted to jump inside my laptop and kill her instantly.

Amanda Hocking really well used the siren mythology and gave it her own twist. Her storytelling was addictive and beautiful that I immediately fell under spell of Lullaby. It’s really good thing that each book of the series is coming out within a gap of six months, at least now I don’t have to chew my nails to waiting for the sequels.




View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. I read Wake and then picked up Lullaby and read that in one sitting I loved it. So different to the genres I had been reading. Like a breath of fresh air. Easy to follow yet mysterious and intriguing at the same time. My review is on my blog later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have Wake waiting on my digital shelf for me to read. But I never get around to it. I love the idea of the Siren's and this one definitely looks like it has some potential there. I love the covers of the two books and the brooding synopsis.

    LOVED your review, Soumi!
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a review for this on another blog. I still have to read Wake, but your review was helpful to see if I should continue the series. I guess I should! <3 the cover and the summary is interesting. Great review!

    Marie @ Marie's Bookworm Blog
    http://mariesbookwormblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete