Saturday, 23 February 2013

Just One Day by Gayle Forman


Goodreads Summary : A breathtaking journey toward self-discovery and true love, from the author of If I Stay

When sheltered American good girl Allyson "LuLu" Healey first meets laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter at an underground performance of Twelfth Night in England, there’s an undeniable spark. After just one day together, that spark bursts into a flame, or so it seems to Allyson, until the following morning, when she wakes up after a whirlwind day in Paris to discover that Willem has left. Over the next year, Allyson embarks on a journey to come to terms with the narrow confines of her life, and through Shakespeare, travel, and a quest for her almost-true-love, to break free of those confines.

Just One Day is the first in a sweepingly romantic duet of novels. Willem’s story—Just One Year—is coming soon!


My Rating : 4 of 5 stars


My Thoughts : How can a book be so beautiful and heart breaking at the same time, that slowly ripped you apart and again mends your wounds. Have you ever lost in a journey and discovers the hidden side of yours? What would you do if you were to be someone else and to do something totally unthinkable?

Yes, that’s the story of Allyson, an ordinary American girl in an extraordinary journey of true love where the heart break was waiting just around the corner.

As her graduation present, Allyson was sent to trip around Europe by her parents. There she met Willem, totally enigmatic Dutch boy. For one day, she let herself break the rules, go with the flow and fall in love. But in the end, Willem left her, broken and torn. Back to college, she tried to start her life anew as an honor student, but a part of her life was missing. She was nothing but a ghost of her past, a shadow of her former self. As time continued onward, Allyson began to embark the changes gradually. Her friends on college helped her in adapting the pain, encouraging her to move on Enduring the pain of being heart broken, after a year would be she able to find her love again?

When I finished the book, I was left in awe, utterly speechless. The story is unforgettable, and perpetually vibrating a pain deep inside me as if I was Allyson, and I experienced everything she did. And there was Williem, the easy going and charming actor, yet somehow mysterious. His character shows how much boy can a girl and the how that effect rippled afterword within her life. I haven’t read If I Stay or Where She Went, but I can see for sure why readers worship. Gayle Forman. The writing is simple yet so extraordinary. It felt beaten into my heart. Every moment, every character, everything felt so real to me that I wanted to go on and on with them.

Of course there was a romantic setting in Paris, the city that never sleeps, the city of love. It felt like my felt has been fulfilled in a virtual tour via the book. I have never been in Paris, yet it felt so familiar as I traveled through the description of Paris.

Count each moment, treasure them.

Who knows you can fall in love in between your heart beats.

Just Like that…………….




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I felt that way about Anna and the French Kiss! I felt like I had been on a virtual tour of the city haha. Anyways, I love really deep, painful books that change you where you connect really well with the character. They're like a whole different side of you. Those books are always my favorite kinds. Definitely adding this to the TBR. I've heard great things about this book. Insightful review! <3

    Marie @ Marie's Bookworm Blog
    http://mariesbookwormblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete