Thursday, 28 February 2013

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Goodreads Summary : Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.


My Rating : 5 of 5 stars


My Thoughts : Unravel Me is successful to retain the mind shattering effect on me same as the first book did. I would say the total series literally barraged my mind with it gripping actions, lots of power play and extremely sensual romance.

And the writing; it’s poetic and rhythmic. The author knew how to make an ordinary situation extraordinary by using her gorgeous prose in a very beautiful way. She even knows how to beautify even those little moments that won’t probably get noticeable, and there she makes then noticed.

So many emotions….

How is it possible to hold them in this small fluttering heart of mine….


Damn you Unravel Me Chapter sixty-two!

That chapter was like the warmth of campfire in biting cold. And then when I started to feel the silken heat seeping though my skin, the fire goes out.

Can you imagine how frustrating was that??

Juliette is still the same….the frail emotional girl, occasionally tough, again back to her fragile tattered husk. She only cares and thinks about Adam, and only Adam. Girl! You are so weak, so dreamy. Grow up girl and open your eyes to the reality.
And there was Adam. Sorry dude. You were much more interesting in the first book. I felt you have lost that spark in you. You are not the same person you used to be. I would like to see the real Adam is back in action.

Kenji! Mhan! I love you. The only person who brings the smile in corner of my lips, the only person who had the courage to face Juliette without even blinking, the only person who slapped the reality on her face, Yes! That’s you Kenji; the only sunshine in this cloudy sky.

I still remember when the first time I read Shatter me, I felt I would blow up and scatter into pieces. Not only because of the story, but also there was a particular person who made me feels that way. And that feeling hasn’t changed till now and it will always remain same.

Warner……

Warner…….

He makes me feel complete. He makes me feel broke. Even there were certain moments I wanted to teleport into his world and snatch him out of it.
How on earth you could be the solace as well as my torment?
I have been drawn to him like a moth drawn to fire, knowing there would wait nothing but the death. Flipping through pages of Unravel me, there were times when I wanted to cry aloud and shout Warner! I love you.

I really had many more things to say about this book, many more feeling to express but my words are short. After one month I finished this book, I continuously pondered how to bring out my deepest feelings for this book and write them down in a piece of paper. I debated if I should write a review at all. I was completely lost and consumed by this book to such a degree, that coming back from that depth would be so delusional.




View all my reviews

4 comments:

  1. This book completely ruined me for all other books. The up / down incident is off the page smouldering!

    Ohhhh Warner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you loved it! I feel the same with everything you said in this review. :D

    Warner Warner Warner ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you sound very passionate about books. I followed you. My blog is http://kennamckinnon.blogspot.ca/ I notice you live in India, a place I want to visit some day, particularly the south as I speak often to a bistro owner who is from the south of India, I believe it's Madras.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read this book yet. I still busy with my work and this month my favorite genre was paranormal, so this series i save for later read. Thank for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete